3lbs of on-the-vine tomatoes (approx. 10 tomatoes), cut into quarters and de-seeded, approx. 4 cups
2 tablespoons jalapeño (1 medium jalapeño), chopped very finely
1/8 cup red onion (approx. 1/4 medium red onion), roughly chopped
1+1/2 teaspoons garlic (approx. 2 cloves), pressed
2 cups english cucumber (approx. 1 english cucumber), peeled and de-seeded, cut into medium sized pieces
1+1/3 cup red pepper (approx. 1 large pepper), stem and seeds removed, roughly chopped
1+1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2+1/8 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Chives, finely diced, sprinkle over top with each serving
- Place all vegetables in a large mixing bowl and sprinkle with the sea salt. Toss well and allow to sit aside for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Once time is up, place a colander into a deep bowl and pour the vegetables into the colander, separating and saving the liquid in the bowl. Set liquid aside.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and evenly spread the vegetables, put into the freezer for 30 minutes or until partially frozen.
- Once 30 minutes is up, take veggies out and let thaw completely.
- Combine thawed veggies, the saved liquid, olive oil, sherry vinegar an black pepper into a high speed blender. Blend on medium-high for up to 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Pour the chilled soup through a colander in a large bowl, using a spatula to sift the soup through. This will help to remove any of the tougher tomato or red pepper skins.
- Serve with fresh chives or pour the soup into a glass container and chill in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.