Sesame Seaweed Salad
1+1/2 cups dried pieced Wakame seaweed
4 cups water
1 cup finely mandolined carrot rounds
1 cup mandolined celery
1 cup finely shredded purple cabbage
1+1/2 tablespoons minced green onion + extra for garnish
Black sesame seeds for garnish
4 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons tamari, gluten-free
2 tablespoons ginger juice
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- Soak the wakame in water for at least 20 minutes.
- Strain well and gently squeeze all of the excess water out. Mix all of the prepared vegetables together with the seaweed, make sure everything is evenly combined.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the dressing into a jar and shake very well. Pour over the seaweed salad mixture.
- Add more tamari, toasted sesame oil, sea salt or black pepper to taste!
- Always taste before serving as the seaweed tends to absorb flavour.
- Before serving, top with black sesame seeds and green onion.