Portobello Mushroom Steaks
4 portobello mushrooms
5 cloves of pressed garlic
4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
4 tablespoons olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
1 pinch fresh ground pepper
1 pinch Chili flakes
1. Wash the top of the mushroom cap and remove the stems.
2. Mix garlic, oil, balsamic, salt, pepper, and chili together in a small bowl. 3. Divide dressing equally between mushrooms so the dressing sits in the gills.
4. Allow to marinate anywhere from 2 hours to overnight, making sure the mushrooms are upright and that the mixture doesn’t spill.
5. Turn the oven on to broil.
6. Put tinfoil on a baking sheet, place the mushrooms gill up, and place in oven.
7. Check at 7 minutes, if they are not ready check again at 10. They will be ready when the mushrooms are tender all the way through.
8. Taste and sprinkle with a little more sea salt and olive oil if needed before serving.