Kale Arugula Pine Nut Salad
2 big handfuls of baby arugula
1 bunch of black kale
¼ cup pine nuts
½ cup olive oil
⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
¼ cup nutritional yeast
⅛ cup organic wheat-free tamari
1 teaspoon minced garlic (approx. 2 cloves )
⅛ cup pine nuts
1. Mix all dressing ingredients in a jar and shake well, or blend in a food processor if you are going to use pine nuts.
2. Cut the main vein out of the kale, wash well, and chop into small pieces. You can also use kitchen scissors to make this process easier.
3. Add 4 tablespoons of dressing to kale and massage through with your hands. Allow to sit for at least ten minutes. The longer the kale sits in the dressing the softer and more flavorful it will get!
4. Cut the arugula into small pieces the same size as the kale.
5. Peel beet and carrot and grate both.
6. Add arugula, beet, and carrot to the marinated kale and top with pine nuts.
7. Toss well.
8. Taste and add more dressing or sea salt and pepper until your desired taste is achieved.