2 medium beets (1 ½ cup grated)
2 medium red peppers (2 cups finely diced)
1 bunch dino kale (2 cups finely chopped – want this as small as possible) Purple cabbage (4 cups chopped – same size as kale)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup avocado (about 1 avocado chopped)
½ cup fine diced green onion
1 teaspoon cumin
½ teaspoon cayenne
2 cloves pressed garlic (1 teaspoon)
½ teaspoon sea salt (and another ¼ teaspoon optional at the end)
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
½ cup finely diced tomatoes
½ teaspoon pepper
1. Chop all vegetables very small, mix together in a bowl, and toss with the olive oil.
2. Prepare the dressing in a food processor. Add tomatoes first to have a liquid at the bottom. Use a garlic press for the garlic.
3. Make sure the dressing is well blended and pour over the salad ingredients. Mix well with big spoons or your hands.
4. Toss in the sunflower seeds, mix again and then taste.
5. I usually add another ¼ teaspoon of sea salt but make sure it needs it before you add!