10 cups well diced onions
8 tablespoons olive oil
10 tablespoons maple syrup
10 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
5 tablespoons water (if needed)
Salt and pepper
1. Put olive oil into pan with salt and pepper.
2. When oil is hot add onion.
3. Sauté for about 12-15 minutes on low heat and once onion becomes translucent add maple syrup and keep stirring.
4. Allow for liquid to cook down, at least 12 minutes.
5. When onions need more liquid again add balsamic. Make sure the maple syrup has cooked off before adding balsamic.
6. Continue cooking and as the liquid cooks off reduce heat. Taste to see if you need more salt and pepper and add accordingly.
7. You an add water at this stage if the onions are not quite cooked through yet and still require liquid.
*If you want to make more or less of this recipe use the following ratio: 1:1:1:0.5
For example: 12 cups onion: 12 tbsp olive oil: 12 tbsp maple syrup: 12 tbsp balsamic: 6 tbsp water (if needed)