Smoky Chermoula With Spaghetti Squash
1 medium (approx. 4 pound) spaghetti squash
3 tablespoons of slivered almonds
1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1/4 cup olive oil (plus extra to drizzle)
1 teaspoon pressed garlic
2 teaspoons harissa powder or chili powder
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Prick the squash all over with the tines of a fork. Place foil on a rimmed baking sheet, and place the squash on its side in the preheated oven. Bake for about one hour, or until soft to the touch. Turn once mid-baking.
2. Remove squash from the oven. Let cool for about 10 minutes, then slice it horizontally, and scoop out and discard the seeds and pulp. Separate strands with a fork and set aside.
3. Spread almonds in one layer on an ungreased, rimmed baking sheet and lower oven temperature to 360°. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden and set aside.
4. In a blender, add two tablespoons of the roasted almonds (set aside one tablespoon for garnish), cilantro, oil, garlic, powder, lemon juice, salt, pepper and paprika and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust if needed.
5. Serve one cup squash with 1/4 cup of the chermoula, massaged gently through squash. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt, pepper, the additional tablespoon of roasted almonds and lemon zest and enjoy immediately.