Chia Tahini Sauce w/ Sautéed Veggies
2 teaspoons lime juice
2 tablespoons chia seeds
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tahini
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon honey
1/8 cup tamari, gluten-free
1/8 cup brown rice vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons olive oil
3/4 cup carrot, peeled and chopped into thin rounds (approx. 1 carrot)
2 cups purple cabbage, coarsely shredded (approx. 1/2 small cabbage)
2 loose cups spinach
1 cup red pepper, sliced into thin strips (approx. 1 pepper)
1 cup zucchini, cut into half moon shapes (cut lengthwise first, then chop width wise) (approx.1 small zucchini)
1 cup red onion, finely chopped (approx. 1/2 red onion)
2 cups broccoli florets (approx. 1 head of broccoli)
Cilantro, finely chopped
Black sesame seeds
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together, stir to combine well. Set aside.
- Prepare all of the veggies properly, set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan or wok over high heat with 2 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Place the carrot, broccoli and red onion in the pan first, cook for about 3 minutes. Toss often, until soft.
- Add the zucchini, red pepper and cabbage and toss well with the other veggies. Cook until tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Once veggies are cooked, turn the heat off and add the spinach. Toss well throughout the other veggies so it wilts.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the sauce overtop of the veggies, mix through so everything is well coated.
- Serve with fresh cilantro, lime wedges and black sesame seeds.