Sautéed Greens With Toasted Spices
1 bunch green kale
1 bunch swiss chard
⅛ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon cumin
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1 tablespoon lemon
1 tablespoon water
1. On medium heat add spices to dry pan and toast. Keep stirring until you can smell the aroma of the spices and they start to brown a little. This usually takes about 3-4 minutes.
2. Add coconut oil and stir well for a minute to spread evenly around pan. 3. Reduce heat to low-medium and add greens. Stir and add water and lemon juice.
4. Cover for about a minute and then uncover and turn the greens around so that they are being evenly cooked. Cover again for another two minutes, stir and cover.
5. Continue checking and stirring after every two minutes, until they are cooked to your desired tenderness.
6. Taste a few leaves and add a little more sea salt or lemon if needed and serve.