Roasted Red Pepper And Avocado Salad
1 cup diced avocado (approx. 1 large avocado or 2 small)
¾ cup chopped red pepper (approx. 2 red peppers)
2 cups chopped sweet onion (approx. 2 sweet onions)
10 cups chopped spinach (or 7 cups chopped spinach + 3 cups chopped arugula)
Olive oil to drizzle over vegetables
¼ cup walnuts
1 teaspoon of medium old style prepared mustard
⅛ cup apple cider vinegar
⅛ cup chopped dates (packed well)
1 teaspoon pressed garlic (approx. 2 cloves of garlic)
¼ teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons water
½ cup olive oil
1. Using a food processor grind walnuts into a powder, then add dates and grind well.
2. Add all other ingredients except olive oil into the food processor. Blend smooth then add olive oil and blend for another 15 seconds.
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Put wax paper onto a baking sheet.
3. Chop sweet onion into pieces and put onto wax paper with a drizzle of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
4. Core the red peppers and cut in half. Place on the wax paper skin up with a little olive oil
5. Bake until the red pepper’s skin is bubbling – approximately 30 minutes. Check at 20 minutes.
6. Roughly chop the spinach, or spinach and arugula mixture, and put into a bowl.
7. When the onion and red pepper have cooled, take the skin off the pepper and chop roasted vegetables into small pieces and add to salad.
8. Mix in four tablespoons of the dressing, add chopped avocado and toss. 9. Taste, and add more dressing as you desire.