Red Pepper Hummus
1 red pepper
2 cups of garbanzo beans (approx. 1 can)
3 cloves pressed garlic
1 tablespoon cilantro
½ teaspoon cayenne
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
1. Set the oven to 350°.
2. Cut the red pepper into quarters and make sure the inside is scraped out and discard. Rub outside with a little olive oil.
3. Put tinfoil on baking sheet and place the red pepper pieces with their skin up.
4. Bake until the skin is blistered and slightly blackened, about 30 minutes.
5. Once done, allow to sit and cool then peel the skin off. Covering the hot peppers to hold their heat in with a bowl on a cutting board will help loosen the skin by steaming them a little.
6. Mix everything except olive oil in a food processor. Once ingredients are mixed add olive oil and blend for another 20 seconds until smooth.
8. Add more sea salt, pepper, or lemon juice to taste.