1 tablespoon coconut oil
½ large red onion diced
Pinch sea salt and pepper
2 teaspoons pressed garlic (approx. 4 cloves of garlic)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon sriracha
1 tablespoon braggs/wheat free organic tamari
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon raw honey
1 ½ tablespoons chopped basil
1 ½ cups chopped spinach (packed)
1 cup baked yams *See Roasted Yams Recipe*
6 free range eggs
1. Refer to Roasted Yams recipe, follow preparation steps and set aside once completed.
2. Preheat oven to bake at 400°.
3. Heat coconut oil in pan and add chopped onions, sea salt and pepper.
4. Once onions are translucent, add garlic, chili powder, and sriracha and stir.
5. Add tamari, lemon juice, and honey. Stir well and add chopped basil.
6. Allow all the liquids to cook down together for a few minutes.
7. Add baked yams and spinach.
8. Once the spinach is wilted, after 3-4 minutes, taste and add more salt, pepper, or herbs as desired.
9. In a separate bowl beat the eggs.
10. In a 6” pan or other similar sized baking dish, combine the eggs and vegetables. Stir everything well so the vegetables are evenly distributed. You will want the mixture to sit at about 1 and ½ inch thick.
11. Put pan in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check after 10 minutes and again at 15.