Curried Beet Latke
2 cups yukon gold potato, grated
1 cup red beets, grated
1 cup white onion, diced finely
2 tablespoons thyme, pulled
5 tablespoon’s almond meal
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Place all prepped ingredients into a large mixing bowl and stir together to combine well.
3. With a large spoon or your hands, take some of the mixture out and roll in your hands to make a ball. Gently flatten between your hands to make the resemblance of a latke, they should end up about the size of your palm or 1/4 cup in diameter.
4. Lay down parchment paper on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Place the latkes evenly on the baking sheet, there should be room for 12.
6. Place the baking sheet into the pre-heated oven and cook for 15 minutes.
7. Remove after 15 minutes and flip latkes, put back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
8. Once finished, they should be a little crispy on the outside. Set aside to cool.
9. To crisp up the edges a little bit before consuming, place cooled latkes in a preheated frying pan with a little oil until they are hot!