Coconut Turmeric Cauliflower
1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil + 1 tablespoon to coat cauliflower
1 chopped shallot
1 inch ginger peeled and chopped
1 stalk lemongrass
6 kaffir lime leaves
1 head cauliflower
1 tablespoon turmeric powder
1 pinch sea salt
1. If you can BBQ the cauliflower opt for this rather than broiling. If using oven, turn oven to broil, or turn on BBQ.
2. Peel the outside leaf of the lemongrass off, pound or press the inside with a wooden spoon to help release aromas, and chop into smaller ½ inch pieces.
3. Add coconut oil, shallot, and ginger to a medium-sized pot.
4. Once the shallot has softened add lemongrass and kaffir lime leaf. Leave on low heat to simmer for about 30 minutes or longer.
5. Cut the stem off of the cauliflower head. Cut the florets off of the stem making them approximately 1-2 inches big.
6. Massage a little coconut oil onto the cauliflower and sprinkle with sea salt and put into the oven. Keep a close eye as the cauliflower as it won’t take long to cook.
7. When the cauliflower is lightly browned take it out of the oven.
8. Strain the contents of the pot and drizzle or toss through cauliflower.
9. Sprinkle with sea salt and toss with turmeric until each piece is bright orange.