350 grams halibut, de-skinned and de-boned
1/2 cup lime juice
1/4 cup + 1 teaspoon lemon juice, separated
1/3 cup finely diced red onion
1/2 cup tiny cubes of cucumber (size of pinky fingernail)
1/4 cup coconut milk
1 tablespoon ginger juice
1+1/2 teaspoon pressed garlic
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Chop halibut into small 1/2 inch by 1/2 inch cubes.
- Soak the halibut and onions in the lemon and lime juice, make sure they are fully covered. Let marinate for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours, remove from citrus and strain well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining 1 teaspoon lemon juice, coconut milk, ginger juice, garlic and sea salt together.
- Pour this mixture over the halibut and add the cucumber and cilantro. Gently toss everything together well.
- If needed, season more to taste.
- For fun, serve in a half avocado!