1 cup of uncooked sprouted quinoa (3 cups cooked)
2 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
3 cup finely chopped sweet onion
3 heaping tablespoons pressed garlic
3 heaping tablespoons grated, peeled ginger
1 and ½ tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
¼ cup wheat free tamari
¼ cup maple syrup
½ cup goji berries
1 big bunch green kale
⅔ cup raw pine nuts
1. Rinse quinoa in cold water. Add quinoa and 2 cups of water to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat once boil is achieved and simmer with a lid until quinoa is cooked and water is absorbed, approximately 15 minutes.
2. Soak goji berries in water until use.
3. Wash kale, cut the kale off the main vein, and chop into small pieces (use scissors to help cut if desired).
4. Heat pan and add coconut oil. Once oil is warm add onion and cook until translucent, about 4-5 minutes. Add pepper, garlic, and ginger and continue to sauté for another 2 minutes then add tamari, lemon juice, and maple syrup. Stir well on medium heat.
5. Squeeze water out of goji and mince into small pieces. Add goji and allow the liquids to cook together for about 5 minutes.
6. Once a sauce seems to have formed, add finely chopped kale. When this kale begins to wilt add quinoa and stir so that all ingredients are mixed well. Taste here and season as necessary.
7. In a separate pan toast pine nuts until they are slightly golden. Add pine nuts to the quinoa and serve, or refrigerate and eat later.