5 cups “riced” cauliflower (7 cups florets, 1 large head)
1/4 cup green onions, finely chopped
3/4 cups carrot, grated (approx. 1 medium)
½ cup white onion, grated
1/3 cup onion, finely chopped
1 ¼ cups almond meal
1 tbsp olive oil
1/8 cup thyme, finely chopped
½ tsp chilli powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 ¾ tsp sea salt
½ tsp black pepper
1/8 cup fresh dill, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper and a light drizzle of olive oil.
- How to make cauliflower rice: Chop the head of cauliflower in half and remove the stems. Cut the cauliflower roughly into bite size pieces and add 7 cups to a food processor. I would recommend to do this in 2-3 batches (depending on the size of your food processor). Pulse until a fine rice like consistency is created and no big chunks are left. Measure out 5 cups worth.
- Combine all ingredients, leaving out ¼ cup of almond flour, together in a large mixing bowl and stir together very well.
- Split the mixture in half and add one half to a food processor. Puree briefly, just until smooth.
- Pour the smooth mixture back into the mixing bowl with the other reserved half. Stir together well then add in the remaining almond flour.
- Using a tablespoon measure, shape the fritter dough into little pucks.
- Arrange the pucks on the lined baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- At this time remove from the oven and flip the fritters, bake for an additional 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to slightly cool. Enjoy warm or let cool completely and store in a container or ziploc bag in the freezer to be re-heated at another time.