Banana Walnut Loaf
7 large medjol dates – pitted, soaked and finely chopped
1 tbs ground flaxseeds + 2 tbsp water
½ tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp vanilla powder
½ tbs cocoa powder
1 ½ big ripe banana
2 tbs almond butter
¼ finely chopped walnuts
1/3 cup chick pea flour
2/3 almond flour
1/8 cup coconut oil – Melted
1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Put dates in a bowl with hot water and let the dates soak.
2. Add ground flaxseed with 2 tablespoons water and allow to sit for at least five minutes.
3. Mix nutmeg, salt, vanilla, cacao, banana, almond butter, and chopped walnuts in a bowl. Stir well until everything is well mixed.
4. Mix chickpea flour and almond flour in a separate bowl.
5. Add the wet bowl to the dry bowl and mix well, add melted coconut oil and continue stirring.
6. Grease the muffin tin. Add some of the mixture to 6-7 tin molds in the tray or grease the loaf pan (8 x 4 x 2 1/2 in.) with coconut oil and add mixture.
7. Check at 20 minutes then at 30, and if using a loaf tin you may need to keep in for another 10 minutes. Let cool before eating or slicing.