This salt and pepper broccoli is an easy go-to recipe for snacking and takes little to no time to make. Broccoli is part of the brassica family, known for their cancer fighting and preventative qualities. Seasoned with ume plum vinegar, a staple in Japanese culture for its salty flavor, it helps to reduce fatigue and support proper digestion. Check out my recipe below!
SALT AND PEPPER BROCCOLI
2+1/2 cups broccoli florets
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons ume plum vinegar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Toss the chopped broccoli florets and seasonings together in a large mixing bowl, ensuring the broccoli is well coated.
3. Place a piece of parchment paper over a baking sheet and evenly spread out the broccoli pieces.
4. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, check half way through to toss.
5. They are finished when they are a little bit crispy just on the edges and able to pierce a fork through the stem.